Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Medals Parade

We just finished our medals prade. We were all awarded the medal for serving in Afghanistan. It's a nice gold star with are info ingraved on the back. During the cerimony they awarded the ISAF coin.
In the army they like to award coins for explory service. You get one from your unit you get one for being in the army for X numbers of years. The CDS and other generals can hand out coins. This one was given out to members that demonstrated outstanding service while in Afghanista.
I was completely taken a back when my name was called. Never did I ever think that I would be called up for one of these. I was awarded the ISAF coin for my contribution with my program. I had mentioned back in December about my program (Can't Escape the Programmer). Well they felt that I had gone above and beyond, that I saw where things could be improved and came up with solution, and implimented the solution with determination.
I feel that there are so many that do more then me but I'm humbled by the recognition. I just enjoy programming and hate sitting in towers. If this program gets used by other ROTOs after I leave it is kind of neat that I will have left a legacy.

3 comments:

GM said...

Way to go John! What an achievement!

S said...

Nice job. Yeah John!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!