In with the new, out with the old. I have relatively little time left. And just as I'm about to leave they start to implement my program. So I've been teaching and testing for the last little bit. It seams to be received well. Guys are finding that it helps out. The last thing I wanted to do was to make people's jobs harder, or give them more work. The bonus is that the more people are using it the more they like it. I guess that's one personal victory from this tour.
We're getting ready to head home. I look back on the last 6 months and it wasn't what I was expecting. I guess I was hoping to see more "action". Everyone back home was hoping for the exact opposite. The only thing I ended up fighting was boredom. Tower shifts are not the most exciting place to spend your time. I did end up getting out a lot. We did a lot of foot patrols around the city. I got to see first hand how the Afghans live. I think our platoon ended up with the most exposure to the Afghan people.
Now I'm done, I've had my fill of Afghanistan. I've met a lot of people, I've seen a lot of things, and I've spent a lot of time away from home. By the time I get back to Winnipeg I will have been away from my kids for more then 190 days. I will have been away from home for 14 months. I'm looking forward to spending time with family, golfing, biking with the kids, and that deck isn't going to build itself (as much as I hope it would). I'm ready to come home.
2 comments:
Yeah!!!!
Everyone here is looking forward to having you back. Woo hoo!!!!
Cant wait to have you back!
Post a Comment