Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas is Canceled

Only the army has the power to cancel Christmas. I'd like to say I'm surprised or shocked, but I'm not. In fact I think I started laughing when I was told. The shear lunacy of canceling something like Christmas, really you have to laugh rather then the alternative.


Allow me to explain. We were going to get time off for Christmas. They were going to bring in replacements for us so that we would have time away from our job. It wasn't going to be that big of a break, but a break none the less. That has now been rescinded. I guess it's not that big of a deal. There are lots of people that have to work the holidays. I'm just fussing about having a present and then having it taken away.


This is a rare life lesson. Take nothing for granted, not even something like Christmas. Well hopefully they don't cancel New Year, I don't think I could take it if this year didn't end. Let me leave you with warm wishes for the holidays. Please raise a glass of eggnog (rum is optional, but I prefer it) and toast the holidays, for all those can and can't celebrate it. And at least I have my leave they can't take that away ... can they?

No comments: