Stacy left for Canada on the 22nd, and I have to say traveling alone is very boring.
I went to eat at a restaurant just down the street from my hotel. I was seated one table down from another guy eating alone (they like to hide the lone eaters). So he asked my to join him. He said, “There’s no reason we should both sit and be bored. We might as well have some conversation while we eat.”
I joined him. He travels a lot for business. He works for an oil company in Texas (but he’s from India with a thick accent, so it was pretty funny when he said he’s from Texas). He comes out to Scotland and helps them set up their rigs. Because he’s always eating alone he always asks others to join him. Some say yes others say no. We chatted, ate and then parted company.
Aberdeen is a quaint little city. Lot’s of little shops, and history. My hotel is in the middle of everything so that helps getting around. I’ve been to my third scotch bar now. The first was in Paris The Forum, a very nice bar frequented by the businessmen in the area; the second was Salt in London, up beat atmosphere, frequented by the trendy crowd, and now the third in Aberdeen, the Grill, small pub like bar with a wall of scotch. I liked Salt the best, only because the owner is an Indian man with a Scottish accent that is very friendly and knowledgeable. even though the place was packed, he would check back with me and discuss the scotch I was sampling.
Now I’m off to find a distillery (should be hard).
No comments:
Post a Comment